Help your laptop battery’s life cycle.
Published on April 06, 2010.
Battery as other devices has a life cycle. It can live longer if we can change some habit and configure the power options accordantly. Battery will die anyway but you can prolong its live as much as possible.
- Try not to run the battery until is total empty. This won’t kill the battery but will shorten its lifespan. Windows Vista and 7 have a power option and you can change the critical battery level to 5 percent. Most modern laptops do not let you run out of battery; it will hibernate before.
- Do not full charge your battery (this is some expert opinions.)
- Heat kills your battery. Try not to use the laptop on a pillow or cushion; keep the vents open and let air pass through. Also, keep the vents clean (you may use compressed air.)
- If you are planning to use the laptop on AC power for long time, then remove the battery. This will help the battery to “rest” and it won’t be wearing out. Remember “do not remove or insert the battery when the laptop is on. “
- Reduce the backlight of your screen.
- Remember that more applications you open more battery is used.
- Check the laptop’s memory because more memory reduces hard drive uses which means less battery consumption.
Hopefully, these information will assist you to keep your battery “healthy” and longer its life cycle.